General discussion related to Metalogic Finance Explorer.
nicolleen

Postby nicolleen » 30 Jun 2013, 07:37

Hi,

I found a couple of feature requests, I'm as usual not so quick to understand everything.

1. I have several account transactions, which take place every second month, or one in a quarter, or once a year. I didn't quite understand the "Move to previous/next month"-feature. Am I supposed to move a June-transaction to july, even though it took place in june and fix the budget every two months to include or exclude the bi-monthly transaction?

2. Is there already somewhere a report feature where I can look at my budget over several months or better over the year? I'm just not sure, if I didn't find it or if it isn't there, in that case please understand that I'm not rushing you!

I'm very happy about this software, it's so simple but so versatile!

Best regards,

niki

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Report

Postby Metalogic » 08 Jul 2013, 08:42

Hi niki,

1. The "Move to previous/next month" feature is meant for those transactions that happen at the very end/very beginning of the month but should really belong to the next/previous month respectively. For example, it is common to get paid on the last working day of the month. But your salary really is for the following month. So you may receive your July 2013 paycheck on June 28th (the last working day of June). The move feature allows you to move that June transaction to July where it makes more sense.

Adjusting your monthly budget to account for that transaction (or lack thereof) is the best way to handle this.

2. Reporting is definitely an area where MLFE needs to improve. Reporting is already on the list for a future version but I'll add your "vote" to bump it up in priority.

Very glad to hear that you are enjoying the software :)

All the best,
Metalogic
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

nicolleen

Postby nicolleen » 08 Jul 2013, 11:53

Dear Metalogic,

thanks very much for your reply, it was very helpful as usual!

lg
niki

homemadev

Postby homemadev » 24 Dec 2013, 20:33

Hi-- 1st time caller, been using this tool for 2 months now and I officially love the simplicity. Thank-you for your continued effort! Much like nicolleen, I like to keep a 1-month budget and a 6-month and 12-month budget. My #1 desire is a way to view multi-month aggregates. +1 vote for this idea! :D

If I install MS Access, would I be able to grab and play with the data?

Metalogic
Site Admin

Postby Metalogic » 25 Dec 2013, 15:34

Hi homemadev,
Glad you are enjoying the simplicity of Finance Explorer.

Yes, you can use Access to open the Finance Explorer database. I caution you to use it for read-only purposes however as modifying the database could potentially make it unusable. If you install a recent version of Access, it will prompt you to upgrade the database. I do not recommend you do this either. As long as you can stick to read-only querying, you should be able to do as you please with the database.
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

homemadev

Postby homemadev » 04 Oct 2015, 09:04

True.. new version of Access always needs to update the format of the database, so I save a snapshot to work from. I only do this once a year, so not a problem. Thanks again!

Return to “General”