Cash account

General discussion related to Metalogic Finance Explorer.
nicolleen

Cash account

Postby nicolleen » 04 Aug 2013, 03:08

Dear metalogic,

sorry I seem to bombard you with questions these days. I'm getting more and more the grip of your programme and every day I discover more how to most efficiently utilise this great software.

I have added a cash account now. It is easier to keep track of transactions that already show up on my bank account, but there are situations, where only cash is accepted. Restaurant, market, etc.

Now I end up having additional sums on my budget! This was not intended. I expected the cash account not to show up on my budget. I understand now, that is only makes sense to be included in the budget view. But how does ist integrate? If on my bank account it states e.g. 20 Euros taken from the bank machine, and on my cash account I put in 20 Euros plus, then I spend 10 Euros on ice cream and fruits for the children, and I end up with my whole budget 10 Euros plus. How do I handle this? It is true, that I have 10 Euros now in my wallet, but overall I didn't create 10 Euros?

lg
niki

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Cash account

Postby Metalogic » 06 Aug 2013, 23:13

No problem. These are all good questions and I'm happy to answer them.

You can remove your cash account from the budget:
* Tools > Options
* Under "Select accounts to include in the budget" un-check your cash account.
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

nicolleen

Re: Cash account

Postby nicolleen » 07 Aug 2013, 00:08

Oh, thanks for the tip! I didn't pay any attention to this option as it looked greyed out.
cool, this is good now!

lg
niki

Return to “General”