csv File?

General discussion related to Metalogic Finance Explorer.
nicolleen

csv File?

Postby nicolleen » 23 Mar 2015, 14:01

Hi,

me again.

I have a new bank account. This bank only offers a csv-File for download. Can you give me a hint, how I have to format or modify it to be able to import the data to Finance Explorer?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
niki

BTW: The issue with the strange 1999 dates has been resolved. In MT2OFX I noticed, that the standard booking date got changed to transaction date for some reason, and this somehow didn't work. I was able to go back to a backup copy and re-import everything from that point and now my balance is correct again and the dates also (except for being the booking date and not the transaction dates, which would have been nicer but didn't work).

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: csv File?

Postby Metalogic » 23 Mar 2015, 18:54

Glad you got the 1999 dates sorted out.

As for importing CSV files, your best bet is again MT2OFX. It can convert from CSV to OFX.

On a related note (not that this helps you with the import), Finance Explorer 7.1 introduced exporting to CSV which is handy for doing data analysis in Excel for example.
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

nicolleen

Re: csv File?

Postby nicolleen » 24 Mar 2015, 00:39

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply! I'll have a look at MT2OFX then.

Good to know about the export format from MFE, although at the moment MFE ist my "data analyst" rather than Excel when it comes to my finances!

Best regards,
niki

Return to “General”