Remove last import and/or search for double entries

Ask questions and get help from your fellow Metalogic Finance Explorer users.
nicolleen

Remove last import and/or search for double entries

Postby nicolleen » 18 Jul 2014, 02:29

Dear Metalogic,

me again. I haven't had time to maintain my finances as I should for a while. Now I imported the data for the last about 6 weeks. My balance is out by a multiple of my actual balance! Is there a way of Undoing the last import? Other than this, how can I find false or double entries? I found two doble entries but they seem to have completely different dates, which I find strange, other than this I would have to go through every entry to put this right. What can I do?

Best regards,

Nicole

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Remove last import and/or search for double entries

Postby Metalogic » 21 Jul 2014, 20:24

Hi Nicole,
Unfortunately there is no feature for undoing the last import.

The next release will back up the database when you run Finance Explorer, that will help in situations like this. When that is implemented, you will be able to go back to your data as it was prior to your current session. But that of course will not help you with your current data problem.

That said, it is unusual to end up with double transactions. The import will ignore transactions if they have already been loaded. The problem may occur if using the older QIF format rather than the newer OFX (always use OFX when possible). Either that or your bank is producing problematic OFX files with an incorrect transaction ID (every transaction in OFX should have a unique and unchanging transaction ID).

I'm afraid there's not much I can suggest to help with this.

All the best,
Metalogic
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

nicolleen

Re: Remove last import and/or search for double entries

Postby nicolleen » 23 Jul 2014, 09:27

Dear Metalogic,

thanks for your reply.

I do have backups of my data and I'm using a PA version of MFE, so this is not so much of a problem, thank god. The actual problem is persisting, unfortunately. I don't know why I end up with such a different sum and I can't find the wrong entries. I can see two double entries, but with the rest I will have to go through every single entry and adjust manually.

I use ofc files, my bank unfortunately still does not provide ofx files that work, and I use MT2OFX to convert. I've been doing this for a long time and it always worked so far. My bank did change their website's appearance about two weeks ago, maybe they changed something else too. I will try to import as usual and just add a corrective figure entry for the moment. Whatever is wrong in the past 6 weeks, I hope it doesn't contain anything crucial.

best regards
niki

Return to “Help”