Finance Explorer v5.4.1 - Error Message

Ask questions and get help from your fellow Metalogic Finance Explorer users.
MPatriCo

Finance Explorer v5.4.1 - Error Message

Postby MPatriCo » 08 Mar 2012, 07:44

I downloaded & installed Finance Explorer v5.4.1 on 3/8/12. When I click-on the program icon to run the program, the following error message displays: 'Invalid pointer (-2147467261' I uninstalled & re-installed the program, but the error persists. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit. Can this be resolved? If so, how?.........MPatriCo

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Finance Explorer v5.4.1 - Error Message

Postby Metalogic » 10 Mar 2012, 17:25

Hi MPatriCo,
Sorry you are experiencing problems. We can definitely get this resolved.

I myself run Windows 7 64-bit but I haven't run across this problem before. From the error message, I can't tell exactly what the source of the issue is so I will probably have to send you a special version of Finance Explorer that will provide me with additional troubleshooting information.

In the meantime, can you please try installing the previous version (5.3.0) to see if that solves the problem? You can find it here:
http://www.metalogicsw.com/temp/mlfe_530.exe

Please let me know whether that solves the problem. We can then work on getting you running on the latest version.

All the best,
Metalogic
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

MPatriCo

Postby MPatriCo » 16 Mar 2012, 06:12

Thank you for your response to my problem. I downloaded and installed mlfe_530.exe as you suggested. I still get the 'Invalid pointer' error. I uninstalled it, ran regedit to remove all traces of the program, reinstalled v5.3.0, and still get the 'Invalid pointer' error. I searched the micorsoft.com support web site for "invalid pointer error" and found that it may either be a Windfows 7 compatibility issue, or conflict with another program that I have installed? I'm certainly am now at a loss on this.....Michael Patrick/MPatriCo

Metalogic
Site Admin

Postby Metalogic » 18 Mar 2012, 20:45

Hi Michael,
I have replied via email with some information. Please review when you get a chance.

Thank you,
Metalogic
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

Return to “Help”