Filter for Reports

Suggest ideas on how to improve Metalogic Finance Explorer and comment on other users' ideas.
nicolleen

Filter for Reports

Postby nicolleen » 23 Jan 2015, 02:45

Dear Metalogic,

it's me again in case you are bored ;-)

I have a request for a very useful feature, methinks.
The report feature is very handy. Is it possible to build in a filter, so that I can for example specify the date range for the report as well as a keyword like "telecom", in order to get a report of only my phone bills, or even a filter that also accepts categories for keyword, to get a report of a whole category within a specified time range?

If this can be done easily, i think it could benefit a lot of users.

Thanks and best regards,
niki

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Filter for Reports

Postby Metalogic » 24 Jan 2015, 11:56

Thanks for the good feedback as always, niki. This is definitely something that could be valuable to other users. It will be considered for an upcoming release.
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

nicolleen

Postby nicolleen » 25 Jan 2015, 13:23

Cool, thanks very much! I will make a donation, I'm very happy with such a simple but versatile software!

Metalogic
Site Admin

Postby Metalogic » 25 Jan 2015, 21:55

That was very kind of you. Thank you for that.

Metalogic
Site Admin

Postby Metalogic » 24 Feb 2015, 09:24

Hi Niki,
You will be happy to know that Finance Explorer 7.1 is now available for download. This adds filtering on categories for the report as well as other goodies (export to Excel, etc.)

I haven't finished updating the web site but the list of changes should be on the What's New page later.

Enjoy!
Metalogic

nicolleen

Postby nicolleen » 22 Mar 2015, 07:27

Yippieh!!
I've only noticed just now that there is a new version available. I've tried it out, and got SHOCKED what I've already spent on the kids this year and what I pay for the car per quarter, etc., it's amazing, it opens up a completely different overview of my budget!
Thank you very much! You will be happy to know, I have no more requests for the moment :-)

best regards,
niki

Metalogic
Site Admin

Postby Metalogic » 22 Mar 2015, 15:02

Hi Niki,
Glad to hear the feature worked as you wanted it. And yes, kinds are expensive :)

Don't be shy about requesting features. Always happy to add something that is useful to many users.

Hopefully once you change banks, the issue with the invalid OFX files will be resolved as well.

All the best,
Metalogic

Return to “Feature requests”