sum features request by me

Suggest ideas on how to improve Metalogic Finance Explorer and comment on other users' ideas.
jiaming10

sum features request by me

Postby jiaming10 » 04 May 2010, 18:09

1st , i nid to say, dis is a cool software, it's worth 8/10 frm me, but i think it can b improve, so i thought of sum features, dat might b useful( at least for me)

1a. add in a Statistic section, in which users can noe, hw much dey spent in a particular period of time, or how much dey spent in a particular category, example: showing my expenses frm 1-May-2010 till 3-July-2010, and hw much i spent in Eat through the time, or the percentage of cashflows of Eat through the time..

b. it doesnt matter dat the Statistic section hav any graphical object, but i think it will b cool if i can noe the porpotion of my spending through a chart...

2a. Export system can add-in a new feature, whre users can Export ALL of deir accounts into a single file...or Export ALL of deir account into different file, in which filename is defaulted to de accounts' name.

b. When i import the accounts through GNUCash, i gt my account messed, so mayb HELP file can b better...(it doesnt matter if users stick to MFE, lol?)

well, Metalogic, dats all the features request by me...for nw...hope i'm nt greedy....am i?( btw, greedy leads to improvement?)

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: sum features request by me

Postby Metalogic » 04 May 2010, 22:07

This is all good info. Don't worry about greed ;), the more feedback the better. This really shapes how the product evolves.

1) I have been thinking about having some sort of pie chart to help visualize budget vs. expenses so that is definitely a possibility for a future release
1b) A graphical presentation will certainly be on the table when this feature is considered for implementation

2) Exporting all accounts to individual files is not a problem. I'm not sure that exporting all accounts to a single file is supported by the OFX format. I would have to look into it.
2b) I'm not sure I understand the issue here. It sounds like you are having problems with GNUCash import. Are you suspecting that those problems are due to issues in the exported file? What kind of errors are you getting. That said, our help file can certainly use some improvement (it wasn't clear whether you were referring to the GNUCash help file or the MLFE help file).

At the moment the next release is already planned out so these features won't make for that but at least some of those features will get feathered in on subsequent releases.

Thank you for the feedback. To any other users browsing this posting, make sure to add your comments on which of these features you are also interested in. The more interest in a feature, the more likely it is to be implemented sooner.
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

jiaming10

Postby jiaming10 » 04 May 2010, 22:37

de issue is like dis...
1st i export de Cash-Pocket Money account,
MFE.jpg
MFE.jpg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 23356 times

den, i import it wif GNUCash, n dis appeared..
GNUcash.jpg
GNUcash.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 23356 times

so, it says i nid to create a new account, which will be Bank>Cash....so i wan it ONLY to be my Cash account?well, i guess dis problem i'll juz leave it unsolve, n stick to MLFE...LOL...

Metalogic
Site Admin

Postby Metalogic » 09 May 2010, 21:53

The issue seems to be with GnuCash, not MLFE so I can't help with that.

But I agree, sticking with MLFE will solve your problem ;)
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

Return to “Feature requests”