Weird error downloading stock quotes

Suggest ideas on how to improve Metalogic Finance Explorer and comment on other users' ideas.
anju

Weird error downloading stock quotes

Postby anju » 04 Aug 2011, 06:47

I started looking into Finance Explorer to see if it could be useful to me and after some problems figuring how to get Lisbon stock quotes instead of New York, I found that the last price field after the update holds values that are 1000 times bigger than they should :( and unfortunately as I discovered later sometimes only 100 times or 10 times depending on the last digits being zeros...
I picked up some tools and found out what yahoo is returning to the queries and I guess I found out something that may be a clue to the problem.
I am in Portugal and here the computers are configured to recognize a comma as a decimal separator and not the dot. If your program is using the locale when decoding the yahoo answer which uses always dots as decimals it will skip the dot and treat the number as an integer, ex: 2.258 will be seen as 2258 (1000 times bigger); 2.26 will be seen as 226 (100 times bigger).
Hope this information helps improve the program... for now the quotes update will be pretty useless to me.

António Raposo

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Weird error downloading stock quotes

Postby Metalogic » 06 Aug 2011, 12:42

Hi António,
Thank you for the detailed explanation of the issue. That is very helpful. One thing that I would like to ask is if you could give me an example of a stock symbol for the Lisbon stock exchange.

I will investigate and issue a new release to resolve as needed.

Thanks,
Metalogic
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

Metalogic
Site Admin

Re: Weird error downloading stock quotes

Postby Metalogic » 06 Aug 2011, 21:42

Hi António,
I am happy to tell you that version 5.2.2 has just been released to address the issue you reported. You can get it from:
Help>Check for Updates

When you get a chance, please confirm that this resolves the issue.

Enjoy!
Metalogic
Enjoy our software? Then please submit a review.

Return to “Feature requests”